TIME & DATE: This is a 10 week course that will run from 9/15/20-11/17/20.
- The class meets every Tuesday at Farmhouse Studio from 645-845pm CST (9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 11/17)
AGE GROUP: This course will be open to high school students through adults. LIMITED to 4 students.
OVERVIEW: The Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course introduces fundamental Pro Tools concepts and principles, covering everything an individual needs to know to complete a basic Pro Tools project, from initial setup to final mixdown.
Students also learn to build sessions that include multi-track recordings of live audio, MIDI sequences and virtual instruments. Hands-on exercises and projects introduce essential techniques for creating sessions, recording and importing audio and MIDI, editing session media, navigating sessions and arranging media on tracks, and using basic processing and mixing techniques to finalize a production. Included with the course material is a download of media files and Pro Tools sessions to accompany the exercises and projects in the text.
Together with the second course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), this course provides the foundation training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
*Farmhouse will offer the Pro Tools Fundamentals II training and certification exam in the Spring 2021.
AUDIENCE: This course is designed for both new and experienced Pro Tools users seeking to build a solid foundational understanding of the software. LIMITED to 4 students.
- No experience with Avid Pro Tools software is required
- A working knowledge of Windows or Macintosh operating systems
- Basic audio recording and DAW knowledge, such as a familiarity with microphones, understanding of basic audio and MIDI recording techniques, knowledge of basic multi-track mixing concepts (such as setting levels and panning), and familiarity with digital audio equipment such as MIDI controllers and audio interfaces
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create a Pro Tools session document or cloud-enabled project with appropriate parameter settings
- Accomplish common audio production tasks
- Employ navigation and editing skills in a multi-track Pro Tools document
- Incorporate proper recording and mixing techniques for audio and MIDI files in the Pro Tools environment
- Analyze and interpret session file structures
- Recognize and navigate the user interface and tool set
INSTRUCTOR: This course will be taught by Bryan Hayes. Bryan is an Avid Certified Instructor and a graduate of Berklee College of Music (Master of Music in Music Production). He is a Professor of Music Production at Visible Music College in Memphis, TN. In addition to teaching, he is a producer, engineer & nationally touring songwriter. He owns and operates Farmhouse Recording Studio in Moscow, TN. He currently serves as the Executive Director of the Roots & American Music Society. Bryan is a member of Memphis Grammy Chapter Producer & Engineer Wing, as well as a member of the Audio Engineering Society.
PRICING & PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Total Cost: $575 (includes text and all digital/media files)
- 10% Discount if Paid in Full prior to 9/15/20
- 3 No Interest Installment Payments: $192 due on 9/15/20, $192 due on 10/6/20 and $191 due on 11/3/20
Contact Bryan today to reserve/pay for your spot: 901-292-8049 / firstname.lastname@example.org